Latimer logo
Contact Us
Call us on
020 8546 1900
Email us

Student Accommodation

Student Accommodation

Search for properties

To buy or to rent?

Property type

Minimum price

Maximum price

Minimum bedrooms



We have been letting and managing student accommodation for a very long time and have built-up an incredible amount of experience, knowledge and expertise over the years.

Many of our Landlords over time have realised how lucrative Student Investment Properties are, but they also realise they are hard work and require a great deal of time and dedication to keep on top of them, which is where we come in.  We have a number of landlords who rely on us to manage their portfolio of properties knowing that they are in very capable hands.

During the Summer we are working at full capacity dealing with all of the changeovers.  We pride ourselves in organising cleaning, carpet cleaning, re-decoration (where necessary), repairs, change or upgrade of furniture and a general makeover all in a very short time before the next group of students move in. Military precision!  As soon as all the new student tenancies are up and running we make a point of inspecting them as a matter, of course, to see if there are any initial problems and then deal with them immediately.

HMOS  (Houses in multiple occupation)

The HMO regulations are constantly changing and we have a very good knowledge of how it all works and what is expected.  We have meetings at the properties with the Council Officers and implement the changes or alterations accordingly. We advise our landlords and apply for the Licence on their behalf.

We are happy to organise everything to obtain the Licence for a one-off fee of £300 plus VAT which covers the many hours of paperwork and organising of the relevant contractors that each property takes to set up.  An HMO Licence lasts for 5 years and the council charge per bedroom for the application.

Most of the student accommodation still has to comply with the basic HMO regulations but does not require a Licence until there are five or more students living in the property. Even without a Licence landlords are expected to make some changes (we can advise on these). The setup works includes us organising a floor plan of each floor, electrical tests, hard-wired fire alarm system with heat and smoke detectors, fire doors, thumb-turn locks and any other alterations which are required at the property to comply with the latest regulations.

We can turn to the relevant tradesman at reasonable prices to carry out the work by the due date set out by the council.

If you are a Landlord thinking about investing in student property or already have them but not sure about the new regulations then please come and talk to us.  We can help you find the right property and talk you through the whole process. You will not regret it!